11 June 2015

Father's Day :)

I was wasting time on Pinterest the other day when I came across a cute Father's Day card that Laurie Varner had created.  She used one of my favorite stamp sets, C1571 You're the Best (retired).


 Here is my take on Laurie's card.  I used CTMH Artiste Cricut Cartridge to cut the shirt, tie, pocket and banner.  I cut the shirt in half to get two pieces for two cards.  I did use retired paper, Timberline, but our NEW Jackson paper would look just as good if not better! I stamped the first tool (the hand drill) with Desert Sand ink.  The second tool (a hand saw) with Chocolate ink.I kept the card rather simple compared to Laurie's.  She had more embellishments and another Cricut Cut. Her card was very lovely but I was going for a "less is more" kind of card.


 I used CTMH Thin 3-D Foam Tape(Z2060) to pop up the collar, tie and pocket. 



I used the same foam tape to pop up the banner, but this time I used two pieces stacked on each other on the ends.  This raised the ends of the banner making it look more wavy. 

I used this same shirt cut out to make more cards (in the shape of a shirt!) Will post more about that another day with pictures.  I used the Jackson paper {X7195B} for those cards!


No comments:

Post a Comment